Recruitment for Wholetime firefighters is now CLOSED.
Have you thought about becoming a firefighter, but not taken the next step?
Being a firefighter at Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service offers you an exciting and rewarding career with a real opportunity for progression. You may have the perception that the fire and rescue service only put out fires, but this is far from reality. As a firefighter you will respond to incidents, but you will also take part in prevention and protection work in order to help reduce the change of incidents happening in the first place. This is done through educating the communities and businesses that are in our local area. You will need to make sure you can communicate and teach best practices to households and businesses in order to help create safer people, safer places. As a firefighter every day is different. You can be involved with:
- Rescues from water and height
- Animal rescue
- Road traffic collisions
- Home fire safety checks
- Business fire safety checks
- School visits/community education
- Engaging with communities and working with vulnerable people
- Transport incidents such as railways and airports
- Threats of terrorism
- Hazardous material spills
- Gaining entry to property
Helping to protect society against all of these dangers requires an innovative approach and new kinds of skills and knowledge.
Meet the Team
Meet some of our employees and find out what it means to them to be a firefighter at Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service.
What You Need To Know
To be eligible to apply for one of our new wholetime firefighter roles you must meet the essential requirements below:
- Live in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland at the time of your application.
- Be aged 18 years or older by the commencement of the wholetime firefighter training course.
- Be prepared to undertake a Basic Disclosure Check.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
There are also a number of downloadable documents with more in depth information to help assist you throughout the recruitment process:
There are also a number of frequently asked questions which can be found by clicking the button below.
Test of Manual Dexterity
Equipment Carrying Exercise
Ladder Climbing Exercise
Ladder Extension Test
Simulated Ladder Lift Exercise
Casualty Evacuation Exercise
Enclosed Space Simulation
Our recruitment website is CLOSED for Wholetime Firefighter applications. If you are interested in any other positions the Service may have available, visit our recruitment website now by clicking the button below: