Your privacy is important to us and we will process your personal data fairly and lawfully. See our full Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service privacy notice by clicking here.
Why are we collecting this information?
It is our duty as a fire and rescue service to perform well in the following activities:
- To provide fire prevention awareness, advice and assistance
- To respond to fires and other emergency situations saving life, property and protecting the environment
- To check the quality and effectiveness of our services and making continuous improvement
- To check that our services meet legal duties, including for diversity and equality of opportunity
This study aims to improve the content of fire safety messages and how these are communicated to the public. It will do this by learning about you, how you find out about safety information and what fire safety practices are carried out. The data you provide helps us to understand the needs of our communities and improve the advice and training we give.
What information will we collect?
We will collect demographic information such as your age, gender and ethnicity when you complete the survey, as well as information which is pertinent to the aims of the study.
Who will we share this information with?
The information collected will be shared with University of Leicester. They will analyse the findings, organise follow up focus groups and create engagement tools.
What allows us to lawfully collect this information?
- Obtaining your informed and freely given consent to processing your personal data
- As part of our legal responsibilities under the Equalities Act 2010
How will we protect your information?
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe. We have physical, electronic and organisational procedures to protect and safely use the information that we hold about you. These include:
- Encryption of personal data
- Written contracts with any companies we use for storing information
- Secure handling, transfer and storage area of data
- Access controls on information systems
- Information security training for our staff
What will happen to my information?
The information will be used to produce a report and develop training materials from which it will not be possible to identify you. All information collected will be destroyed 1 year after the end of the project.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org