You can reduce the risk of a fire in your home by remembering to do a simple bedtime safety check.
Make sure you:
- Close inside doors at night to stop a fire from spreading.
- Turn off and unplug electrical appliances unless they are designed to be left on – like your freezer.
- Check your cooker is turned off.
- Don’t leave the washing machine on.
- Turn heaters off and put up fireguards.
- Put candles and cigarettes out properly.
- Make sure exits are kept clear.
- Keep door and window keys where everyone can find them.
- Top tip: Close inside doors at night