Information about partnership working and adding value to a Home Fire Safety Check.
First Contact is a multi-agency scheme across bringing a range of services to vulnerable people aged 18+ who are resident within Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
It aims to support people to live independently in their homes whilst accessing the services they need such as:
- Financial advice including support claiming benefits and dealing with debt
- Home Fire Safety Advice
- Feeling safe at home – advice on crime, anti-social behaviour and doorstep callers
- Information on local community groups such as lunch clubs and activity groups
- Transport information
- Help for those with hearing and sight impairments
- Assistive equipment for the home
- Advice and support for Carers
- Keeping healthy – physical activities and healthy eating
- Vetted home maintenance, repairs, gardening and cleaning services
The scheme is run by Leicestershire County Council, Leicester City Council and Rutland County Council in partnership with the district councils, the police service, the fire service, voluntary groups and other organisations that work with vulnerable adults.
Referrals can be made by partners within the First Contact scheme or by friends, family or other organisations who have come into contact with the vulnerable person.
- First Contact Leicestershire
- First Contact Rutland
- First Contact Leicester – Leicester City Council, Tel: 0116 454 1000